Laser cutting with wood produces “sticky smoke”
The CSA600 series Fume Extractor and Air Filtration System is designed with up to 4 stages of filtration each targeted for removal of specific size particles and gases.
There are a series of filters in the system to ensure that all particulate matter/ dust is removed efficiently:
• The unit contains Merv 13 Bag filters, Deep Pleated high capacity safety filters and a MERV 17 99.97 % HEPA filter.
• The HEPA filter is the last particulate filter in the sequence and it is designed to remove 99.97% of all particulate matter that is 0.3 microns and larger.
• This is the same type of filter that is used in hospital operating rooms. Please note as the filters begin to get dirty they also become more efficient making the system more efficient as time goes on. This occurs as it gets more and more difficult for the dust to pass through the filter due to the passages becoming smaller as they become filled with debris.
The gas phase filter is quite large and 15” deep in direction of airflow. We have 26 different types of chemical media that can be incorporated into the chemical filter to address and deal with specific contaminants if required.
• Depending on the type of media the modules could weigh as much as 70 lbs.
• Our standard and most typical module contains a virgin bituminous coal extruded 3-4 mm carbon pellet.
• This carbon is ideal at removing many VOC’s and has a holding capacity as high as 25 % by weight. Initially the removal efficiency will be 100% for most VOC’s. Over time the mass transfer zone will travel through the chemical filter as it gets consumed.
• The chemical filter is seated inside a gel seal material to guarantee zero by-pass of the chemical filter. This is the same material that is used in Pharmaceutical and Hospital environment clean rooms. All gases therefore must pass through the chemical filter
Unlike other systems that have a sprinkling of carbon our gas phase chemical filter is quite large and requires the use of high pressure blowers to overcome the resistance created by the deep bed chemical filter. Our blowers are capable of generating 90” water column of pressure. With this type of blower as the filters begin to get dirty and plugged we can still effectively overcome this increase in pressure allowing us to continue to evacuate the laser chamber. The system is equipped to advise you when the filters need to be changed.
Contact us for help with your Laser Cutting, Engraving Fume Extraction System needs:
Call us toll free in North America 1-800-626-0664 or fill out the contact form below.
Thanks and have a great day!!