The CSA600 series Fume Extractor and Air Filtration System is designed with up to 4 stages of filtration each targeted for removal of specific size particles and gases.
There are a series of filters in the system to ensure that all particulate matter/ dust is removed efficiently:
• The unit contains Merv 13 Bag filters, Deep Pleated high capacity safety filters and a MERV 17 99.97 % HEPA filter.
The CSA is the workhorse fume extractor of the laser industry; designed to operate in a heavy duty environment. A large pre-filter bag that is easily accessed to change via a convenient side panel eliminates much of the debris that might otherwise clog the more expensive HEPA filters. A huge chemical bed of 66Lb. (30kg) provides significant odor and VOC protection for much longer than the light duty units again providing a solution that can withstand a heavy workload. Chemical compounds can be customized based on specific applications With large collection bag, HEPA Filter & Deepbed Odor filters LaserBlue Gel seal guarantees NO BYPASS Dual hi-speed turbine for high suction, pressure & airflow Whisper quiet operation is office friendly Universal design allows for 2.5″, 3″, 4″ inlet along with discharge
• The HEPA filter is the last particulate filter in the sequence and it is designed to remove 99.97% of all particulate matter that is 0.3 microns and larger.
• This is the same type of filter that is used in hospital operating rooms. Please note as the filters begin to get dirty they also become more efficient making the system more efficient as time goes on. This occurs as it gets more and more difficult for the dust to pass through the filter due to the passages becoming smaller as they become filled with debris.
The gas phase filter is quite large and 15” deep in direction of airflow. We have 26 different types of chemical media that can be incorporated into the chemical filter to address and deal with specific contaminants if required.
• Depending on the type of media the modules could weigh as much as 70 lbs.
• Our standard and most typical module contains a virgin bituminous coal extruded 3-4 mm carbon pellet.
• This carbon is ideal at removing many VOC’s and has a holding capacity as high as 25 % by weight. Initially the removal efficiency will be 100% for most VOC’s. Over time the mass transfer zone will travel through the chemical filter as it gets consumed.
• The chemical filter is seated inside a gel seal material to guarantee zero by-pass of the chemical filter. This is the same material that is used in Pharmaceutical and Hospital environment clean rooms. All gases therefore must pass through the chemical filter
Unlike other systems that have a sprinkling of carbon our gas phase chemical filter is quite large and requires the use of high pressure blowers to overcome the resistance created by the deep bed chemical filter. Our blowers are capable of generating 90” water column of pressure. With this type of blower as the filters begin to get dirty and plugged we can still effectively overcome this increase in pressure allowing us to continue to evacuate the laser chamber. The system is equipped to advise you when the filters need to be changed.
Contact us for help with your Laser Cutting, Engraving Fume Extraction System needs:
Call us toll free in North America 1-800-626-0664 or fill out the contact form below.
Air filtration system for fine dust particles as well as small amounts of chemical fumes
Prospective customer writes:
We are hoping to source a unit that can control fine dust particles as well as small amounts of chemical fumes (methyl methacrylate / butyl acrylate) released from cutting, routing or gluing solid surface substances such as Corian by Du Pont. We recently had a Ministry of Labour Hygienist come in to advise us about the possibility of combustible dust explosions and she was adamant that in any system where the five elements of a dust explosion are present: 1. Confinement, 2. Oxygen, 3. Explosive material, 4. Ignition source, 5. Dispersion – the employer is obligated to ensure that the machinery used to control the dust or fumes is appropriately rated for the task to prevent the possibility of dust explosions by removing at least one of the above elements – the easiest being the ignition source: static electricity or spark.
As such we are looking for an carbon filter or HEPA filter fitted unit capable of handling dust, and fume extraction while remaining a safe option for an environment with elevated levels of combustible gas.
Recommended solution, our Brushless CSA600 series, model / part number CSA 6B5-S4G-ET
CSA-600 – Heavy Duty Dust & Odor Removal
The CSA is the workhorse fume extractor of the laser industry; designed to operate in a heavy duty environment.
A large pre-filter bag that is easily accessed to change via a convenient side panel eliminates much of the debris that might otherwise clog the more expensive HEPA filters.
A huge chemical bed of 66Lb. (30kg) provides significant odor and VOC protection for much longer than the light duty units again providing a solution that can withstand a heavy workload.
Chemical compounds can be customized based on specific applications
With large collection bag, HEPA Filter & Deepbed Odor filters
Contact Us for help in choosing the right air filtration system for your needs
Request for a PDF for the Brushless CSA600 series, model / part number CSA 6B5-S4G-ET. Call us toll free (North America) 1-800-626-0664, outside of North America call +1-514-421-0658 or complete the contact form below.
Hey, just want to let you know, if you need help with spare filters, replacement filters – bag filters, pre-filters, HEPA filters, Chemical Gas Media filters or Activated Charcoal filters, Bulk activated carbon, chemical gas media, and others, please contact us at 1-800-626-0664 or fill out the form below.
We even have spare filters you can use with the Electrocorp AirRhino air filtration system.
If you need bulk activated charcoal for your refillable activated charcoal filter canister we can supply you – 26 different blends for those special applications.