Mold is a “growing” concern. Mold spores can enter your house through windows, doors, heating, air conditioning and ventilation systems. Molds, common and toxic can have varying physical effects including nasal stuffiness, eye irritation or wheezing to fever and shortness of breath.
Mold spores grow when they drop on places where there is excessive moisture, such as leakage in roofs, pipes, walls, planted pots or where there has been flooding. Paints, wallpaper, insulation materials, drywall, carpet, upholstery can support mold growth if there is a moisture problem.
Recommendations in getting rid of mold:
- Keep humidity level in house below 45%.
- Use air conditioner or a dehumidifier during humid months.
- Be sure home has adequate ventilation, including exhaust fans in kitchen and bathrooms.
- Use mold inhibitors which can be added to paints.
- Clean bathroom with mold killing products.
- Thoroughly inspect water damaged carpets.
It is possible to remove small amounts of mold by a thorough cleaning with bleach and water. If mold returns, you may have an undetected moisture problem.
Since molds are considered a hazardous substance, it is a good idea to contact a Mold Remediation company staffed with Hazardous Material certified personnel that are recommended for this type of abatement.
Contact us for help in choosing the right air filtration system for your needs. 1-800-626-0664